Saturday, November 04, 2006

Island Nights


The sun sets here around 6:00. If you blink, you might miss it. The location on the island where I live is not one where the sun sets over the sea, as I always imagined it would. Instead, it makes it's descent behind the palm trees and the hotels, and usually isn't anyting spectacular. Last night as I was sitting on the patio eating dinner with my friend Meghan, we looked up and saw beautiful pink clouds. We rushed over to the beach to take some photos, as this was such a rare moment to be able to capture here. If you look closely, you can even see the moon between the trees. It is almost full, almost time to have the fiesta on the beach. Mañana...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pink:

That is a great pic. We are having monsoons up here the last couple of days....almost makes we want to move. Are you looking for another roommate down there?? Just kidding :)

Take care,
Mark

Janet said...

mi casa es su casa! (my house is your house)

Anonymous said...

your are giving me goose bumps Janet, only if.

Anonymous said...

not so anonymous Paula said that