Thursday, June 25, 2009

Reflections

 
The untimely death of legendary superstar Michael Jackson has prompted me to return.  It doesn't seem right to mention it on my other blog, but I feel like I have to say something.  No, I didn't know him, never met him or anything like that.  But I am sorry to hear that the King of Pop is no more.  The entire world is in mourning over such a great loss.

Another Hollywood star Farrah Fawcett lost her battle with cancer this morning.  I can relate to her passing a little more because my own mother lost her life to cancer.  Ed McMahon died the other day.  My highschool prom date was killed in a motorcycle accident last week.  I haven't seen him in years but I was deeply saddened to learn of his death.  A few months ago a good friend of mine lost thier unborn child.  All of this senseless tragedy is suffocating.

Sometimes it is difficult to look on the bright side, even on a good day.  So many things are taken for granted, and it takes something so cruel and incomprehensible to jolt us into reality.  WAKE UP!  Live for the moment.  Cherish the time you spend with loved ones.  In just an instant it can all be taken away and can never be given back.  

Go and find someone to hug right now. Tell someone you love them.  May we all find peace and happiness before it is too late.

No comments: